Canoa Ranch/Torres Blancas Men's Golf Club
LOCAL PLAYING RULES FOR CANOA RANCH/TORRES BLANCAS MENS CLUB
The board will establish and approve the weekly game rotation and will publish the list in advance to the members. The first Wednesday of every month will be an individual game and the members can select there playing partners. On the alternate Wednesdays the Golf Genius Computer Program will build the teams based upon the game and handicaps to ensure balanced teams for a fair competition. All players will play the white tees.
Putting Out Is Required
All putts must be holed regardless of length. Fellow players must remind those players that inadvertently forget this rule. If this rule is overlooked by a player, the ball must be replaced and the putt holed out. Routinely having to remind the player to apply this rule is grounds for disqualification from the competition. Failure to hole out mandates disqualification.
Posting of All Scores Required
USGA rules for handicap establishment requires that all scores “MUST” be posted to the players GHIN number. To ensure that all scores are posted correctly the league will use the automatic posting function which is a part of the Golf Genius program thus individual members will not have to post their scores for this league.
The ball will be played as it lies, except in the following situations:
Course conditions are such that the club announces prior to beginning of play, that the ball can be lifted, cleaned and placed within a specified length of the original location. It could be fairway only or both fairway and rough depending upon course conditions on any particular day and an announcement will be made prior to play.
USGA rules apply in cases of ground under repair and casual water.
Out of Bounds
Balls landing in private property or outside of any white staked area are out of bounds and the player has the option of:
1. Re-hitting(playing a provisional ball) from the original spot and taking a stroke and distance penalty, or;
2. You can drop a ball in the fairway within two club-lengths of that fairway edge point or anywhere between there and the estimated spot where your ball is lost of went our of bounds. This option is offered under the 2019 new rules of golf as a local rule and should expedite play.
Balls not covered by the out of bounds rule above will be subject to the following:
1. Any staked areas will be subject to USGA rules.
2. Un-staked areas of the course will be subject to penalty area rule(desert rule.)
a. A ball that has been found in an un-staked penalty area may be hit where found or; apply a one stroke penalty and drop the ball within 2 club lengths of where the ball lies, or apply a one stoke penalty anddrop a ball within two club lengths where ball entered the un-staked penalty area. (not where the ball landed)
b. For a ball lost in an un-staked area, the player will drop another ball within 2 club lengths where the ball entered the un-staked penalty area(not where the ball landed) and apply a 1 stroke penalty.
3. A ball lost in the fairway or rough will be assessed a 2 stroke penalty and another ball dropped at the spot where the ball was thought to be lost. The stroke and distance provision under the USGA rules will not be following in order to expedite play.
If a player locates their ball and deems it unplayable the following 3 options are available and all have a 1 shot penalty.
1)The player may take stroke and distance relief by playing the original ball or another ball from a relief area based on where the previous stroke was made.
2) The player may take back on the line relief by dropping the original ball or another ball in a relief area based on a reference line going straight back from the hole through the spot of the original ball.
3) The player may take lateral relief of two club lengths from the spot of the unplayable lie.
If a ball lands in a bunker that has not been groomed on the day of play or has standing water, the player may; 1) Play the ball as it lies, 2) Lift the ball, groom the sand and replace the ball from where it was lifted, 3) If the ball is in standing water, the player may take the closest place of relief from the water, within the bunker, groom the sand and place the ball in the groomed area. This does not include mounding the sand in any way to "tee up" the ball.
The “A” player or the lowest handicap player in each foursome shall be responsible for compliance to all USGA and local rules to ensure a competition that is fair and equitable to all competitors.
Hole # 6
The roped off area, and some times marked area, in front of the 6th green is considered GUR. Take you r ball out on the line it went in, as far back as you want to re hit with no penalty.
Hole # 18
We will not play the drop area across the ravine. If your ball does not make it over you must play another ball from that side with a one stroke penalty.
IF CHANGES ARE NECESSARY ON THE DAY OF PLAY DUE TO COURSE CONDITIONS ANY CHANGES TO THESE LOCAL RULES WILL BE ANNOUNCED PRIOR TO PLAY. ALL EFFORTS MUST BE MADE TO PLAY BY THE USGA RULES AS PUBLISHED, NO EXCEPTIONS. REPEAT VIOLATORS WILL BE BANNED FORM ENTERING CLUB COMPETITIONS AND/OR HANDICAP ADJUSTMENTS MAD TO DISCOURAGE RULE VIOLATIONS.